Welcome.

I always thought of blogs as being narcissistic, business related, or as my sister's, a way of keeping in touch or memorializing.

But, by necessity, I am learning a lot about myself. I find I need to get my thoughts out, and it helps me to know that someone else will read them. So I have created this little space for myself, to express the things I have trouble saying (be it emotional or physical trouble), to share what I'm going through, and what I'm learning through it.

I absolutely welcome comments. It's nice to know how people relate to what I'm saying.
To send me a private message, please e-mail me: flylittlewordsfly@gmail.com
Subscription links are at the bottom of the page

Saturday 6 August 2011

Photo Exhibit

Last month, I got a message on one of my forums from a young man who had sent out a survey. The photo series he created for his graduation exhibit is online. It is called "running on empty; living with an invisible illness" and is a reflection of life with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

It took me a while to decide to share this here, because after all, I hadn't come out and said "I have ME" here. But now that I have, I want to share these images with you.

http://gillfood.wordpress.com/2011/06/21/running-on-empty-living-with-an-invisible-illness/#comment-10

The photos range from quite literal and obvious interpretations to subtle and haunting images. I identify with many of them. I think the one which speaks loudest to me is the one with the young girl in the playground laughing with her friend, while her legs are tied with tape that reads "fragile".

Anyway, if you want to know what it is like to live in my body, check out the photos. I think this young man did a tremendous job of evoking the feeling of living with ME.

2 comments:

  1. Andy mi amor,
    The body does not lie.
    ~~~Martha Graham~~~

    These images made it totally clear for me, they put everything in perspective. I can't wait to see you in September.

    ReplyDelete