Welcome.

I always thought of blogs as being narcissistic, business related, or as my sister's, a way of keeping in touch or memorializing.

But, by necessity, I am learning a lot about myself. I find I need to get my thoughts out, and it helps me to know that someone else will read them. So I have created this little space for myself, to express the things I have trouble saying (be it emotional or physical trouble), to share what I'm going through, and what I'm learning through it.

I absolutely welcome comments. It's nice to know how people relate to what I'm saying.
To send me a private message, please e-mail me: flylittlewordsfly@gmail.com
Subscription links are at the bottom of the page

Monday 23 May 2011

The Storm Came

Slashing sheets of falling water
Spattered glass with skeletal remains
Of returning drops of used, re-used water
Sweep away what hasn't gone
With your raging whispers
And your tumbling pockets of restless air
Take it
The shuddering fear
The trembling anger
The rending un-stillness
Take it
Fly away with it
Sweep it away
Cradle it, or carry it, or toss it around
Just take it
I don't want it anymore.

---
I don't set out to write poems. They just randomly pop into my head, and demand to be let out again. They don't always reflect my conscious state of mind, and I don't even always know what they're about - it's literally just a collection of words that put themselves together and want to play. So there you go. That's why there aren't too many poems here. I wish I could will them into being, but that's not my gift. But I sure love it when they come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment