Welcome.

I always thought of blogs as being narcissistic, business related, or as my sister's, a way of keeping in touch or memorializing.

But, by necessity, I am learning a lot about myself. I find I need to get my thoughts out, and it helps me to know that someone else will read them. So I have created this little space for myself, to express the things I have trouble saying (be it emotional or physical trouble), to share what I'm going through, and what I'm learning through it.

I absolutely welcome comments. It's nice to know how people relate to what I'm saying.
To send me a private message, please e-mail me: flylittlewordsfly@gmail.com
Subscription links are at the bottom of the page

Thursday 17 February 2011

On Changing Goals

I thought of my students when I decided to start this blog. They hate journaling. I wonder what they would think of this. I miss them. But I miss their thoughts more. I miss the banter and the easy way we had of being together. Mostly, though, I miss the discussions, the earnest negotiations and endless questions, the curiosity and the ideas that exploded in those rooms.

Ultimately I want to get back to Montessori and Adolescents. But that's not my current goal.

My current goal is to increase my health and energy levels. The way to do that is to be gentle with myself. To take each day, or even each hour, as it comes, and to reconnect with my body. It's like I have to get to know my physical being all over again. And that is going to take some time, I think, and lots of patience. It's so much easier to have patience for others.

So this week my goals are: to walk 8 minutes a day; to make some adaptations in my home to make life a little less strenuous; to not feel guilty about not doing anything productive; and most importantly, to make a conscious effort to listen to what my body is trying to tell me at any given time.

1 comment:

  1. If you want the truth, give up the lie.

    ~~~~~ ZEN saying ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete