Welcome.

I always thought of blogs as being narcissistic, business related, or as my sister's, a way of keeping in touch or memorializing.

But, by necessity, I am learning a lot about myself. I find I need to get my thoughts out, and it helps me to know that someone else will read them. So I have created this little space for myself, to express the things I have trouble saying (be it emotional or physical trouble), to share what I'm going through, and what I'm learning through it.

I absolutely welcome comments. It's nice to know how people relate to what I'm saying.
To send me a private message, please e-mail me: flylittlewordsfly@gmail.com
Subscription links are at the bottom of the page

Sunday 14 October 2012

Rambling Update

I've been wanting to write for a while, and I just can't seem to figure out what it is I need/want to say.

I am doing pretty well. Survived the Jewish and family holidays, and all the discombobulation of schedules that they inevitably bring. Adding to my disorientation were changes in my son's schedule due to relatively mild complications in his stepmom's pregnancy and impending birth of his half-sister. I was sure it was Monday all day Wednesday. It was not. It was indeed Wednesday. I checked. Various times. It was Wednesday every time.

Health-wise, I was very relieved to hear, and am so super happy to report that these shifts and changes did not deplete my slowly yet steadily growing energy reserve. YAY! Although they did tire me out, and I had a hard time maintaining my levels of peaceful acceptance. Especially when my house was playdate central.

My Osteopath gave me a new trick - amazing how well this works. Now every time I feel an adrenaline surge coming, for whatever reason (emotional, physical, doesn't matter), I drink half a glass of orange juice with two pinches of salt, and feel it drain away, and the calm settle in again.

I am learning to not search for moments of peace and centeredness, but to wait for them to come to me, and that is working tremendously well.

What else?

Next osteopathy appointment we are going to examine my posture and movements, to see if there are ways to better use my body. Again, I say: YAY! I mean, this is a sign that I'm really actually healing, and may very well come out of this extreme healing situation of mine.


However, before I do, I want to be absolutely sure not to be in any way shape or form repeating the mistakes I have made in judging my ability and energy levels and stepping out into the world too quickly. Once bitten twice shy - in my case, once fallen, thrice hermit :)

I am happy hermitting for the most part at the moment. I feel good about it. I feel like I've got these new thought patterns and non-thought patterns, and habits and ways of being that need to be really really solid before I try to stray too far from my routines, flowy as they may be at the moment. I did however, have plenty of company today, as my sister and her children came over to help us set out our Hallowe'en decorations, and I visited an old old friend and her new-ish son on my way home from dropping my son off at his Dad's house.

As of this afternoon, I will have loads of company while he is away, as we are bringing our new pet - a hedgehog from a rescue center home. I am looking forward to that. It has been ages since I had an animal in my home (no, spiders really don't count, and neither do those fuzzy little wormy things that speed across the floor when you turn on the light), and I've never had the pleasure of sharing a pet with my boy, so this is really very exciting.

Why a hedgehog? Well, because as far as cute caged animals go, they are low maintenance and non-allergenic. No shedding fur, no hours of energetic play, no shavings to clean off the carpet. And they're so cute! And prickly. Did I mention they're adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment