I always thought of blogs as being narcissistic, business related, or as my sister's, a way of keeping in touch or memorializing.

But, by necessity, I am learning a lot about myself. I find I need to get my thoughts out, and it helps me to know that someone else will read them. So I have created this little space for myself, to express the things I have trouble saying (be it emotional or physical trouble), to share what I'm going through, and what I'm learning through it.

I absolutely welcome comments. It's nice to know how people relate to what I'm saying.
To send me a private message, please e-mail me: flylittlewordsfly@gmail.com
Subscription links are at the bottom of the page

Saturday, 7 April 2012


The airplane ride was much easier than I imagined it would be. My time in the airport went very quickly. The getting to California, the voyage itself, was really, surprisingly, easy, and does not seem to have led to any kind of exhaustion. YES!!!!!

So far, of San Fransisco, I have seen Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square (sp???) and the hotel. And I have to say, I am really enjoying being somewhere different. I've always loved to travel, and being sick has not changed that in the slightest.

The hardest part, believe it or not, was getting out of the house. My sister came over with her kids, and helped us pack. But leaving is always stressful, and I find myself very much unable to filter out the emotions of other people. The upside is that I can now usually tell when they belong to other people, which helps. A lot. But when my folks are stressed about getting everything ready and getting out the door, I feel the stress too, even if it doesn't belong to me.

My wheelchair was waiting for me at the check-in counter, and thanks to that, we were whisked through customs and security, which means all I had to do was wait at the gate. With my earplugs in, and my Kobo in hand, that was certainly a non-issue. I was all set to take a sleeping pill as soon as the plane took off, but the air pressure did not bother me, so instead, I watched Lord of the Rings. When we arrived, the wheelchair was again waiting for me right when we got off the plane, and another one as soon as we arrived at the hotel.

Unfortunately, today, the cold I've been keeping at bay has finally taken root in my system, and I have found myself unable to leave the room, other than to go downstairs for the breakfast buffet. But my son has been in the pool, on walks, to see a submarine that was used in WWII, and has spent the last two hours or so carefully constructing paper-airplane versions of various Star Wars spacecraft, thanks to a really super awesome Klutz book we picked up at the airport.

Short post today, but just wanted to let you know that I'm here, I'm ok, and the ride was great! Will probably write quite a bit more later in the trip, after I meet with Dr. Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment