Welcome.

I always thought of blogs as being narcissistic, business related, or as my sister's, a way of keeping in touch or memorializing.

But, by necessity, I am learning a lot about myself. I find I need to get my thoughts out, and it helps me to know that someone else will read them. So I have created this little space for myself, to express the things I have trouble saying (be it emotional or physical trouble), to share what I'm going through, and what I'm learning through it.

I absolutely welcome comments. It's nice to know how people relate to what I'm saying.
To send me a private message, please e-mail me: flylittlewordsfly@gmail.com
Subscription links are at the bottom of the page

Friday 17 February 2012

California, here we go

I received the news yesterday morning, that my father finally got me an appointment to see Neil Nathan in California. This is the doctor that specializes in complex and mysterious illnesses and people who fall through the cracks in the medical systems of the world, and who was recommended to me by my Osteopath and approved by my Naturopath.


I am happy, and I am relieved to have the appointment, and I am nervous. Anticipatory nerves. That's what I've got. This is a risk I'm taking, and my parents are taking with me. The risk is physical, and it is monetary. The possible payback is the return of my health. Worth it? Hell yes.


So off we go.


In the meantime, there is little change around here. I am still feeling low, physically, but my spirits are slowly returning. I am making a concentrated effort to focus on the things that make me happy, and on the things that bring me peace. Everything else is taking a back seat.


I am cocooning.


I am trying to slow my thoughts down, and make my brain take a break. I am quite literally hermit-ing myself away, relishing the idea that my boy is in good hands until Monday, and that there are no worries or pressing issues other than me, healing, and finding peace within my situation. Pretty important work, I'd say.


Thank-you for your ongoing support and caring. It means more than I can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment